Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Passion ...........Fruit

We brown thumbs are trying our best to spruce up the yard around here. The horribly invasive passion fruit vine was strangling out my pathetic container garden. I finally convinced Chris to back away from the Internet and put up an arbor and let the vine grow on that. Well, at least we have four poles sticking up, hopefully the rest of the structure will come together soon. While yanking the vines off the palm trees I found two dried out passion fruit and one unripe fruit still attached to the vine. A miracle.
My citrus is doing pretty good. Not sure what it is, maybe lime. Lexi's lime tree is coming along. A coconut palm Terry planted is doing very well.

While pulling dead stuff off a palm, a scorpion ran up my leg - yikes. That put an end to my gardening today. I had already sweated out at least 5 gallons. I grabbed my trusty inner tube and headed to the water. I must of floated for two hours, I am easily entertained. Chris joined me for a bit. Really huge waves. There are tons of turtles in "Turtle Cove" I watched a nice sized one swim about.

No comments:

Post a Comment