Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Miss Shirley at Gordon's

This is my third viewing of the boat. At low tide you can almost walk up to it. Haven't had the nerve to climb aboard, Chris has been on it. Apparently Haitians buy these boats cheap (you get what you pay for) in the Gulf, then fill them with stuff and head back to Haiti to sell everything. This boat was piled high with mattresses and clothing stuffed into the hull. Several of the mattresses and box springs had fallen off and washed ashore. Not sure what caused it to wreck, Fall of 2013. The ospreys love their new perch.

While Sharie and I were close to the boat, in knee deep water, a big barracuda circled by us. Scared us so bad I broke out of my flip flops - had to limp back on home (sounds like that Jimmy Buffet song). Everybody continues to tell us how harmless they are, but somehow I can't warm up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment