Thursday, March 13, 2014

Our Island Link Stateroom

I enjoyed sitting on deck, chatting with fellow passengers, most from
Long Island. Waited for the sunset, unfortunately the sun went behind the clouds. Then went inside for the entertainment, believe it was called Locked Down, extreme violence, passed the time quickly. Nibbled on gourmet Export Fritos, oranges, Guiness and sips of Ginger ale. After the movie I read until I was conked out, it took real courage to face our luxurious state room. Chris was kind enough to take the top bunk. I covered the pillow with my clothing, was a little nervous about the last time the sheets had been washed. The mattress was about 3 inches of foam over plywood. Oddly enough I slept, kind of like that night on metal morgue shelves on the Cambodian bus, only this was a notch above that.

No comments:

Post a Comment